Energy Planning and Modeling
The term planning of energy here refers to means for creating self sufficiency in energy with strategy for optimum use and achieving its security. This involves assessing the present demand and supply situation with reference to assessing the stock and identifying ways and means for optimizing the utilization. This is achieved through reviewing the consumption pattern, Projecting future demand and supply and Comparing situation with the help of models. The modeling shall help in identification of ways & means in attaining sufficiency and energy security.
Some project ideas:
- Micro-level energy planning and modeling - start from your school
- Planning for energy- efficient buildings
- Modeling grey water recycling in a colony
- Energy planning for transport sector
- Modeling for water utilization of a particular society/ area
- Assessing present energy usage and projection for future requirement for your village or locality
- Modeling of windows for optimal utilization of energy
- Modeling of home/office interiors for efficient power consumption
- Modeling of energy efficient cooking systems
- Modeling of energy self-sufficient locality/village/ school
- To plan and model the change in school timings for reducing the energy requirements; etc.
Project ideas listed against different sub-themes are merely indicative ones. Innovative projects within the domain of the focal theme and sub-themes are always encouraged.
Download complete document
For a complete idea of the theme refer to the download page